Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The dark side of technology


Before a month ago, the only problem I ever had with a phone charger was forgetting where I had recently put it. Sometime over the summer my phone charger split into two parts. I ended up fixing it with athletic tape, and it worked fine until a week later when, for some reason, when I plugged my phone in at night, it would never be fully charged in the morning. In fact, it had barely more than it had the night before. I had thought that the way I had fixed it would be indelible, or at least would keep it functional until I get a new phone when my service plan gets renewed next year; I was wrong. Now I am forced to share one phone charger with my sister and my dad, for this was the second charger that I have broken or lost this year. So, as you can imagine, it is an almost constant source of conflict in our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment