Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Man vs. Technology


Being alive now for sixteen years, I have personally experienced the technological revolution during the 21st century. I remember seeing the first Motorola Razr and thinking, "Wow this is awesome!" Looking back at the Razr today it is almost defunct, now a days we have the Iphone and Droid, which truly out do the Razr in capability and style. We've gone from 0G to 4G in a blink of an eye. I know I have not been alive that long, but just seeing the revolution of technology is amazing. Each generation in my household has experienced these different revolutions; mine, the 21st century innovations; my parents', the inventions of the internet and cellular phones.
Don't get me wrong, I love my Iphone, as I can constantly keep an eye on what my friends are up to. I love being able to call my friends any time I want to, but I also hate getting constant calls from people I DO NOT want to talk to. I also hate the fact that as I begin homework, in the back of my mind I'm always thinking,"I want to play Angry Birds," or some other pointless game. I need to focus on my studies and I know that. I like Facebook but I hate the people that make new statuses 24/7. I just want to know the important things, such as he and she are now dating! or he's moving, or good stuff like that. I do not need to know that you are tired, bored, or going to the mall. I truly do not care. I also hate getting these random friend requests from people I've never met. Like come on, I do not know you and you obviously do not know me, why should we be friends on Facebook. On a side note, it's kind of strange to think about how we are friends with people on Facebook that we'd never say hey to in person, isn't it? Just something to think about.



No comments:

Post a Comment